Chord Ed sherran - These dreams




[VERSE 1]

G                          C

I keep my hopes and dreams inside of you 



                         G                          

amongst the other things my mother seems to never see 



    Gm

the bruises that I'm covering, 



C                      F

Never been known by my government name, 



          D                              Em

my foster home is where I've been placed away from the pain,



          G                     C                                              

so as you sit before me with a folder holding my story, 



           A                             D

you're my saviour with nothing on me but power and glory,



    G                   C

And surely you'll never ignore me 



                       B                               G

cos when the the court came the court date was made to disappear for me,



C                               D

You think you understand me but never what I went through 



G                           C

but you were never meant to I won't hold it against you,



G                  C                      G                        D

I take a ballpoint pen to play dot to dot with the cigarette burns etched in my forearms,



G                          Em                            

Forget me not never let me stop you'll just sit and watch



G                   C

It's your job to be patient so you'll let me off,









[CHORUS]

G                      D                     G              B

So come with me take a walk on the wild side, see life in a day through a child's eyes,



C         Am         G     Em       D  Em      G 

And these dreams are all    I have,    to hold me,



C    Am         G      Em            D               Em

When sleeps the only    thing that I want to take me away, away,







[VERSE 2]



G                       C                              G

Okay sessions over time to get back to the classroom I hate this lesson and



            Gm

I guess the teacher finds it hard to,



C                           F                  Em                          G

You told me I should try my best but guess what I still find this trigonometry a head fuck,



C                               B

Constantly told I won't pass my GCSE's,



         G                     C

I'll end up in Mac D's serving burgers and cheese,



        F                  C

But you told me I can do anything if I put my mind to it,



G                      Em

Mistakes make a change if you put a line through 'em,



C           G                     Em                 A

Lately classmates think I'm crazy turn up daily resembling bill bailey,



G                         C                          Em                             D

And I ain't saying that I can't be groomed with it without new clothes or shower it hard to do,



   Gm                                   C

So after school you'll take me shopping for some new clothes



G                                   D

but they'll get taken off me when I get back to the group home,





[CHORUS]

G                      D                     G              B

So come with me take a walk on the wild side, see life in a day through a child's eyes,



C         Am         G     Em       D  Em      G 

And these dreams are all    I have,    to hold me,



C    Am         G      Em            D               Em

When sleeps the only    thing that I want to take me away, away,