Chord Ed sheeran - You need me i dont need you


Drop D tuning



    D5     F5     G5     Bb5     C5     E5

e|---x-----x------x-------x---- --x------x----------------|

B|---3-----x------x-------x-------x------x----------------|

G|---2-----x------x-------3-------5------7----------------|

D|---0-----3------5-------3-------5------7----------------|

A|---0-----3------5-------1-------3------5----------------|

E|---0-----3------5-------x-------x------x----------------|



*=one strum







D5

Now I’m in town, break it down, thinking of making a new sound

F5

Playing a different show every night in front of a new crowd

G5

That’s you now, ciao, seems that life is great now

Bb5                C5

See me lose focus, as I sing to you loud

D5

And I can’t, no, I won’t hush

F5

I’ll say the words that make you blush

G5                  Bb5

I’m gonna sing this now

C5

Ow ow



D5

See, I’m true, my songs are where my heart is

F5

I’m like glue, I stick to other artists

G5

I’m not you, now that would be disastrous

Bb5                              C5

Let me sing and do my thing and move to greener pastures

D5

See, I’m real, I do it all, it’s all me

F5

I’m not fake, don’t ever call me lazy

G5

I won’t stay put, give me the chance to be free

Bb5                              C5

Suffolk sadly seems to sort of suffocate me





D5                                    F5

‘Cause you need me, man, I don’t need you

F5                             G5

You need me, man, I don’t need you

G5                              Bb5

You need me, man, I don’t need you at all

Bb5      C5                    D5

You need me, man, I don’t need you

D5                             F5

You need me, man, I don’t need you

F5                             G5

You need me, man, I don’t need you

                               Bb5

You need me, man, I don’t need you at all

         C5

You need me





D5

I sing and write my own tune and I write my own verse

F5

Hell, don't need another word-smith to make my tune sell

G5

Call yourself a singer-writer - you’re just bluffing

Bb5                                 C5

Your name’s on the credits and you didn’t write nothing

D5

I sing fast, I know that all my shit’s cool

F5

I will blast and I didn’t go to Brit School

G5

I came fast with the way I act, right

Bb5                   C5

I can’t last if I’m smoking on a crack pipe

D5

And I won’t be a product of my genre

F5

My mind will always be stronger than my songs are

G5

Never believe the bullshit that fake guys feed to ya

Bb5                              C5

Always read the stories that you hear on Wikipedia

D5

And musically I’m demonstrating

F5

When I perform live, feels like I am meditating

G5

Times at the Enterprise when some fella filmed me

Bb5                          C5

‘A young singer-writer like Gabriella Cilmi’





D5                                    F5

‘Cause you need me, man, I don’t need you

F5                             G5

You need me, man, I don’t need you

G5                              Bb5

You need me, man, I don’t need you at all

Bb5      C5                    D5

You need me, man, I don’t need you

D5                             F5

You need me, man, I don’t need you

F5                             G5

You need me, man, I don’t need you

                               Bb5

You need me, man, I don’t need you at all

         C5

You need me





D5

'Cause with the lyrics I’ll be aiming it right

F5

I won’t stop 'til my name's in lights

F5

At stadium heights with Damien Rice

G5

On red carpets, now I’m on Arabian Nights

Bb5                                         C5

Because I’m young I know my brother's gonna give me advice

D5

Long nighter, short height and I gone hyper

F5

Never be anything but a singer-songwriter, yeah.

G5

The game's over but now I’m on a new level

Bb5                     C5

Watch how I step on the track without a loop pedal

D5

People think that I’m bound to blow up

F5

I’ve done around about a thousand shows